Auburn University Seeks Assistant/Associate Professor in Early Childhood Special Education
By AmySue Reilly
Dec 28, 2006, 18:25
Early Childhood / Elementary Special Education
Tenure Track University Position
Setting: College of Education, Department of Rehabilitation and Special Education, Auburn University
Position: Assistant / Associate Professor
* Teach courses primarily in early childhood and elementary special education (ECSE birth to 9 and/or K-6
* Engage in scholarly activities through grant-related activities, programmatic research, publications, and professional presentations
* Credentials: Earned doctorate in special education, child development, or related area with emphasis in early childhood / elementary (required)
* Teaching/Direct Service: Three years experience in direct service delivery, consultation, and/or administration in programs serving young children with disabilities under Part C and/or B of IDEA (preferred)
* Personnel Preparation: Experience in college teaching in early childhood / elementary special education (required)
* Publication: Demonstrated experience in early childhood / elementary special education research and publication (required)
* Service: Demonstrated experience in outreach activities evidenced by advocacy, consultation, or other professional service activities (preferred)
* Grants: Demonstrated experience in grant development, implementation, and administration evidenced by funded projects (e.g. U.S. Department of Education) (preferred).
Application: Materials to be submitted: (a) curriculum vitae, (b) original transcripts, (c) three letters of reference, and (d) samples of scholarly work including credentials. Candidate selected for this position must be able to communicate effectively in English and meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time appointment is scheduled to begin.
Application reviews will begin January 15, 2007, and continue until a candidate is recommended for appointment. Position appointment is for Fall Semester, August 16, 2007.
Mail application materials to:
Dr. AmySue Reilly, Search Committee Chair
Department of Rehabilitation and Special Education
1228 Haley Center
Auburn University, AL 36849
(334) 844-5943; FAX (334) 844-2080.
Auburn University is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply
© Copyright 2006 HECSE