||Last Updated: Nov 17th, 2006 - 14:15:33
WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY
COLLEGE OF HUMAN RESOURCES AND EDUCATION
Position: Assistant Professor of Special Education, Tenure Track
Nine month appointment with possible summer employment
Focus: Multicategorical Mild Disabilities
Required Qualifications: Earned doctorate in special education by August 2007 with emphasis in academic assessment and interventions; at least two years of successful experience working in educational programs for individuals with disabilities, capacity and desire to engage in scholarly activities, including production/publication and other dissemination of scholarly works.
Preferred Qualifications: Competence in specialized reading/literacy and/or mathematics instruction for students with disabilities and in design and delivery of online instruction
1. Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in special education, with major focus on teacher certification courses in multicategorical mild disabilities.
2. Advise graduate students and supervise practica/internships.
3. Design/refine coursework appropriate to prepare educators to work with individuals with disabilities.
4. Deliver courses through synchronous and asynchronous Web-based instruction.
5. Design/refine program to ensure educators will have knowledge, skills, and dispositions to provide appropriate and effective instruction for students with disabilities in inclusive schools.
6. Collaborate with faculty and practitioners in other areas of education and various professional disciplines in teaching, research and service activities.
7. Supervise doctoral student activities and dissertation research.
8. Implement productive research agenda related to special education.
9. Write grant proposals to support teaching, research and service efforts.
10. Provide service to the College, the University, the State, the public schools, and the profession.
Starting Date: August 16, 2007
Salary: Competitive and based on applicant qualifications and experience.
To Apply: Submit a letter of interest, curriculum vita, and 3 letters of reference to:
Dr. Barbara L. Ludlow, Professor & Chair
Department of Special Education
509 Allen Hall
College of Human Resources and Education, PO Box 6122,
Morgantown, WV 26506-6122
304-293-3835 (phone) 304-293-3835 (fax)
Review of applications will begin December 8, 2006; the search will continue until the position is filled.
West Virginia University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that accommodates the needs of persons with disabilities.
Women , individuals with a disability, and individuals of minority backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
For further information, visit the College web site at http://www.wvu.edu/~hre/.
© Copyright 2006 HECSE
Top of Page